INFORMAL PERSONAL CARE SERVICES
Hair, Face, Nail, Body Treatments And Tattooing
DO BUSINESS SAFELY
Customers should book timeslots.
- Keep the front door locked to control access. When the customer arrives they should wait outside until the stylist is ready for them.
- Ensure customers keep 1.5m while queuing or if service is provided outdoors.
- Provide sanitisers at the entrance to the salon for people to use when they enter.
- Wash hands before and after each client treatment.
Set up workspace1.5m apart (3 big steps). Keep windows open for good air flow or work outdoors wherever possible.
Service providers should work on one client at a time.
Clients and service providers must wear masks.
Keep a daily contact list of all clients and staff.
Avoid handling cash. Wash or sanitise hands after handling cash.
Disinfect seats, basins, bottles, workstations and equipment between each client visit.
Disinfect areas that people touch often such as counters, tills, handles.
- Use fresh and clean towels for each client.
- Don’t share protective clothing between clients. It should be provided by the client, or changed after each client.
Disposable capes, caps and aprons must be discarded after each service.
Wash work clothes with soap and water every evening. Iron when they are dry.
CARE FOR EMPLOYEES & SAFE TRAVEL ADVICE
- Take special measures to reduce the risk for vulnerable employees – persons 60 years and older and those with pre-existing conditions (uncontrolled diabetes, obesity, hypertension, HIV, TB, over 28 weeks pregnant).
Talk to employees about their concerns and make sure they know how to prevent infection.
- Keep 1.5 metre distance to others when queueing and always wear a mask
- Avoid full vehicles (more than 70% full) or when others are not wearing masks.
- Sanitise or wash your hands when you get on and off public transport.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitiser after touching money.
- Do not use public transport if you feel sick or have symptoms.
A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL
COVID-19 infection is growing in South Africa. We all have a responsibility to prevent the spread of the disease.
COVID-19 spreads through coughing and sneezing, contact with an infected person, or touching an infected surface and then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
KEEP YOURSELF AND OTHERS SAFE
Always wear a cloth mask & protective visor for close facial contact.
- Wash hands often with soap or hand sanitiser
Keep at least 1.5 distance (3 big steps)
Disinfect surfaces and equipment
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- Cough Sore throat
- Shortness of breath/ Difficult breathing
- Loss of smell / taste.
- Stay home if you feel sick or have COVID-19 symptoms. If you have difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, seek medical care.*
Other symptoms: fever, body aches, redness of eyes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, fatigue, weakness, tiredness.